Monday, March 28, 2011

Medical Kit Submitted!!!

Mailed in my medical kit today!!! I am so thankful I have "most" of the medical forms taken care of. I know I am not completely finished with medical clearance, as I still have to get that anemia form filled out and then write a statement for the counselling. But this feels like a really good step in the process.

My fingers are crossed that there aren't any more problems with my tests and everything. Eeeek! I've read some blogs online in which some volunteers have said the Peace Corps only took a few days to process their forms, while others have had to wait for weeks and sometimes even months. Stupid me, I meant to get a tracking number for my envelope, but I started talking to the person working at the post office because I knew him and forgot. It would be just my luck the entire thing gets lost (I also didn't make copies).

But, I'm trying to think positively right now...

2 comments:

  1. Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. My medical is really straight forward (only additional paperwork was for exercise induced asthma, which is completely managed), and my paperwork has been in for 7 weeks! I'm not expected to leave until August, but the wait is seriously killing me! Good luck! I hope its faster for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe yours has taken seven weeks, and you're due to leave in August. I hope you hear back soon. I read some posts from other volunteers online that said calling the office helps if it has been several weeks. Isn't the waiting the hardest part?

    It's so crazy... we may or may not be accepted, we may or may not leave the end of this summer for two years. Hopefully we will both hear back before long! Where are you most likely headed?

    ReplyDelete