Friday, April 22, 2011

Final Transcript Question?

I was wondering if any volunteer happens to know if I have to send in my final transcript to the Peace Corps before I can receive an invitation? I will not be graduating until late July, but want to leave as soon as possible after graduation, in August. I had originally said I could depart in May, but received a nomination for late July/August, and was planning to change my earliest departure date to August when asked for my updated resume.

Does anyone know whether I can be invited before mailing a final transcript? I know I will need to show them at some point before I actually depart.

2 comments:

  1. You can. I graduate in May and I got my invitation back in December. They asked for my transcript and my updated resume and I told them I couldn't send the transcript for months and they said it was fine, as long as they get it. Of course now I depart less than a week after graduation, so they won't have proof until I'm already in Mongolia. Oh well. I just plan on setting it up with the registrar to mail my transcript as soon as it becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ashley! That just took a load off of my mind. Hopefully you will just be able to have someone fax it to them without any problems. I bet this situation happens all the time. Congratulations on your Mongolia invitation!

    ReplyDelete